Saturday, October 20, 2012

pumpkin carving

I went to my parent's house today and we had a spontaneous pumpkin carving party. My father bought a ridiculously large pumpkin, which resulted in a 30 minute photo session where my sister stuck her infant inside the excavated gourd. It seemed traumatic, but my niece took it well until about the last ten minutes. It bothers me when people treat babies like accessories. Was it cute? I don't know, maybe after you photo shop the pumpkin slime off the baby. I feel like I'm getting off track here.

My six year old nephew cleaned out and drew a face on his first Halloween pumpkin. Everyone seemed a lot more excited about this than he did.

As usual, it was the grownups who had the best time. Here's my brother.
He was pretty proud of his pumpkin for about 15 minutes. Then my father finished carving his.
My dad liked a design on the back of a pumpkin carving kit he bought, so I drew it for him and he carved it out. We're the freaking jack-o-lantern dream team.


No comments:

Post a Comment