Monday, April 22, 2013

blooms

I can't get over how alive everything is in my yard right now.
Everywhere I look there are emerging buds and new tiny green leaves.
"But, Amy" you may say "It's spring. That's supposed to happen."
I know. But it still seems special.
It's nice to see the things that I planted last year not just surviving, but thriving.
Maybe this summer when everything is browning and shriveling under the Texas sun, I can look at these pictures and and reminisce about happy, green, and mild spring days.




And check out this nicely camouflaged fellow. I've been watching episodes of a nature documentary called Life in the Undergrowth the past few days. It's pretty interesting but it may only be making me more terrified on insects. However, there is now some fascination and respect mixed in with the terror.

No comments:

Post a Comment