Sunday, April 7, 2013

birthday bonanza

Well, it's April, which means my family's spring birthday marathon will be kicking off soon. All three of my sisters, my niece, and my boyfriend have a birthday in late April/early May. And Mother's day is thrown in there somewhere too. It's like a mini Christmas since I have to break up my shopping a bit to make sure I have it all done in time.

Perry's birthday is first up, so I've already started pressuring him for ideas, but I really should know better by now. After him giving me the usual "I'll think about it." for five days, I went ahead and did what I normally do for Perry gifts: I browsed the internet until I found something related to his current entertainment obsessions.

Perry has been playing Magic the Gathering for over two years now and we'll host some Magic playing parties at the house on occasion. I will play a few games just with Perry, but I'm not very good at it, and I don't play enough for me to consider it a hobby. However, I do really admire the amount of detail that goes into creating the stories for each cycle and I've even read a few of the books based on them. The art on the cards is also pretty amazing, so when I found out you can buy signed art prints, I figured it was something Perry would be interested in. Basandra the battle seraph will be hanging on the walls of our game room sometime soon.


And Perry loves bright shirts and the Coen brothers, so there's this too.

So, even if I don't get any ideas from Perry (which I won't) I feel like I'm covered so I can move on to the next Taurus on my shopping list.

Mother's day is already a done deal too. My mom asked me a few months ago if wanted to see the musical Wicked with her when it comes to town. I don't have a great love for musicals so I was waffling and wavering and hoping she would forget about it. But she kept asking me until I realized this is something she was really looking forward to and hey, there's a showing in May right around Mother's day so why not. Actually, I know why not, but if I feel pretty confident that if can sit through Les Miserables, I can make it through anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment