Friday, April 26, 2013

possum

I may currently be a fan of rock, but I was raised on country music. Until I was 13, the only music I listened to was what my parents had on the radio and it was always country: playing in the living room while they made a big breakfast on the weekends, in the car on the way to the store, in the garage with the door open on summer days. Country music was the soundtrack of my childhood and I still listen to it when I'm feeling nostalgic or need comforting.

On the way home from work today I couldn't figure out why the classic country station I listen to was playing only gospel songs. When I got home I found out that George Jones had died.

I had the pleasure of seeing him play 7 years ago when I was living in Waco. Even though he was in is late 70's then, the man still had it. His voice was clear and strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment